2018年12月12日 星期三

Wonder P.O.V. Chapter- Darth Daisy’s Secret Notes


Darth Daisy’s Secret Notes

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog – it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big.” – Erica Jong

September
I know I am extraordinary. I knew it because I could tell it from the feeling of people. Especially the Pullman family. They all treat me like I am a queen. Every time I walk towards them, I could feel pure joy exudes through their every single pore. They love me, and certainly, I love them too. 

My name is Daisy, actually, it’s Darth Daisy. I am Pullman family’s dog, by the way. 

I am ten years now, well, maybe twelve, I’m not quite sure, recently my memory didn’t work correctly. Sometimes it will become blurring. I have the notion that I am nearing my end. However, I want to hang on there, since this year is unusual. 

My best pal - Auggie, he is going to school now! And Via, Auggie’s sister, she is another BFF of mine, she is entering the high school. I have a sense that there is going to have a shift in their life. You could call that is an animal "sixth sense".

Today is their first day of school, both of them seems had a hard time. I don't know why Auggie is gloomy. I also don't know why every time he came back home from outside, he always kind of depressed, neither do I know why other kids will screaming away when we go for a walk together. I am normal, Auggie is normal, then what's wrong with those kids? I think those kids are just weird.

Anyway, there are too many things I can't figure out, well, I am just a dog, what else you can ask for a dog but being a dog? All I know is I will stay with Auggie and do whatever he wants me to do just for cheering him up. I will snuggle with him quietly. Or, showing my ultimate move – rolling on my back and make him do the tummy rubs. While he doing that, I can't help doing that little flea-scratch shake. It's not appropriate behavior for an old-lady like me. But I will go for it just for making my Auggie happy. Wait, I should say it properly, I'm willing to do that for every member of Pullman family.

Upon they seeing my moves, they will start to giggle and forget how down they were. Excellent! That's exactly what I expect. So, tonight I stayed with Auggie, he changed his hairdo after school, frankly speaking, I'm glad to see that tiny braid has to be removed, just like that I'm glad to see Nate sneakily has thrown 
Auggie's astronaut helmet away. That helmet got in my way of licking all over his face. That plastic smells unpleasant and tastes disgusting. A few minutes later, I feel Auggie is getting better. I plan to check Via's situation later as well, she just practically slammed the door after finishing the conversation with Auggie. That's not like her. That's not my BFF will do to her brother. There must be something going on. It seems that Nate read my mind, he comes to Auggie's room and brings me to Via's room. I sleep with Via that night. With my company, she totally calms down and falls asleep immediately. I like the smile she wears on her mouth, though sometime her snore will wake me from the dream.

October 
Halloween season coming. This is the Auggie's favorite season. Every year he will dress funny or scary costume to scare people. And when he comes back home, Via and he will bring tons of candy, I have stolen some to taste, yuks, they're gross. I will rank these candies as 2 on my What-The-Heck list. (No doubt the plastic will be ranked no. 1). This is another point that I don't understand about human, why they always eat something that not supposed to be the food. Oops, I think we're getting a little off topic. OK, let's get down to business. 

This morning I saw Auggie rashly put on his costume and keeps up with Nate's steps. He went out joyfully as usually as this time of year. Isabel, Via and I finally can chew the fat and have our favorite movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir together. The tension between Isabel and Via melted, we enjoy the good atmosphere. Suddenly, the phone shrill and interrupt this wonderful moment, Isabel answered the phone, her smile faded, so does Via. After Isabel hang up the phone, she grabbed her coat and purse and went out hurriedly. Via's face fell until she found I'm licking her arm. 

A few hours later, Isabel took Auggie back, his face looks so pale, he entered his room without saying a word. Since I make sure that Via is already in a steady mood, I tailing Auggie into his room. As always, I drape my head over his legs, his breath is quite heavy, he must be very sick, poor Auggie. A few minutes later, Via also enters the room, they talk loudly, both of them are so agitated, I don't know whom should I appease first. However, Auggie's tear all of the sudden running over his face, I licked his face spontaneously. I could tell he was feeling better. Because later he put on another costume and went out with Via at this night as the other year.

December
X’mas is coming. As Pullman family’s tradition, Isabel dresses me up every year for a different Christmas character, i.g. Santa Claus, gingerbread man, snowman, elf, Christmas tree, all you can name it. All of this is not a big deal. But last year, she dressed me up as Minions! That was really pissing me off. For God's sake, what on earth did it relate to Christmas? This year, finally back to the trail. She dressed me up as a reindeer. At least, we are all four-legged animals. To be honest, I like the pair of reindeer antlers, a bit like the Queen's crown. So this time when we took the picture for the holiday card, I am smiling from the heart.

January
We celebrated the New Year. This winter seems colder than previous years. I pull myself together and waddled into Auggie’s room, it’s been a while he didn’t have a friend come to the house. 

Today a boy named Jack comes back home with him. I want to do the honors for his guest. I sniff Jack’s hand, it smells good, he must be a good kid, I decided to give him the treatment that originally only belong to the privilege of Pullman family. I roll on my back let him rubbing my stomach. Jack is really enjoying the service, therefore, I let him rub my belly again. I think I fulfill my own duty
loyally.

Febrauary
Tonight must be a special night. All the Pullman family went out for dinner. That’s good so that I have a chance to sleep more. Recently my memory begins blurring. Since yesterday I felt a dull pain in the stomach, I hope it’s not the consequence due to I steal the bacon from Via’s plate last morning. Suddenly a sour taste in the mouth, I can’t help to throw up all over the hallway. Then the
sound of keys rattling and key turning comes from the door which draws me back to the reality.

They’re back. Oh, I Am So Embarrassed! They bring a new accompany with them home. I force a big smile and try to wag my tail as the metronome vibrated quickly while Nate holds me softly. Nate didn’t scold me for the mess I created. Isabel neither, even she has to clean my vomit. Nate put me in his arms, then all the people sit down in the living room. They’re talking something with the nostalgia, the expressions on their face are so tender, making me remind that the first day I came to this family.


Mid-March
This is an Aha moment! Now I know Justin is Via’s boyfriend, the guy who came with Pullman family at the night I vomited. I busted they’re kissing in the front stoop while I walking down the stoop with Isabel, Auggie, and Jack. We all pretending we didn’t see it. But Auggie and Jack couldn’t hold their snickers. Well, I’m in a hurry to answer nature's call. May I be excused?

April
Since I came to Pullman’s family, I consider making them happy as my vital purpose. It is regretted that my journey with them finally going to the end now. There are early warning signs in the last two months. Isabel even has taken me to the vet several times Because I vomited all over the place ...

Via and Isabell it seems had some quarrel in the earlier day. I really want to play the peacemaker to ease the tension as I usually do. However, I am totally out of shape due to I'd thrown up a lot earlier in the day. It's brought me a little bit of comfort that they seem to reach an agreement after a while. I keep cuddling up in a heap for the rest of the day by having more rest, hoping I’ll pull through tonight. But heaven does not abide by the wishes of people, either of dogs. And it never rains but it pours. Auggie suddenly shouted to Via and Isabell during the dinner time. Then he screamed despite the efforts that Via and Isabel try to soothe him. He ran away and slammed the door harshly. I force to open my eye, try to stand up and carry out my pet's obligation, but the ache in my belly was
so bad that makes me start whimpering. The colicky pain is driving me crazy, I can’t stop moaning and panting like crazy. Isabel comes alongside me, try to touch my stomach, but the pain is so tremendous, I lose my head and bite her instinctively. I’m so sorry, Isabell. I didn’t mean to do it. I thought she forgave me. She stroke my head softly. I still can’t stop panting. The last time I went after
a cat in the park don’t even pant like this. I know it’s the end of the moment for me to stay with Pullman’s family. I’m sorry Isabell cried so bad for me, but I’m completely out of capability to manage that. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Via took Auggie back to the kitchen. I know it’s definitely the time to say goodbye. Isabel pick me gently like I were a huge droopy baby. Then Via
covers me with the blanket, meanwhile, she was crying hysterically. She kissed my nose, Auggie also leaned to my ear and said something. I know that’s mean they love me. I wish I could wipe their tears with my tongue as before. Then Isabel took me into the taxi. Bye, my pal, bye, my BFF. 

As soon as we arrived hospital, I’m having trouble with breathing. Nate and Isabell kissed me over and over again, the vet put a needle into my leg, everything surrounds me all become vague and far far away. My eye getting heavy and I’m glad finally could fall into the sleep without feeling pain. 

When I back to conscious, I found myself back to the Pullman’s house again. Somehow I know I’m not the former me, not because all pains are gone. The thing is I’m flying! I guess that means I’m a spirit now. There is a sound from the heaven that guides me, but before leaving, I patrol the room of Isabel and Nate, then Via’s. In the end, I come to Auggie’s bed. Dawn still far away. I didn’t expect he would wake up at that time. But he turns over and opens his eye unexpectedly. I don’t want to scare him, so I hide myself into the more darker corner, but I thought he must saw me at that moment. For the past year, he grown up pretty much. I’m no worries about his future as I believe that he is a child with so much courage and kindness, and he cherishes the friendship but meanwhile posses his character. Nothing can beat him. I turn away to answer the call from heaven. But my heart will forever stay with Auggie, with Via, with Nate and Isabel.

END

沒有留言:

張貼留言